Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Work

A former employer phoned me this morning and presented me with a dilemma. There is an opening that I could certainly fill. It would include tutoring in math as well as English, but a pretty basic math level. I would only need some brush up on basic algebra. It is just ten minutes from my home, and I would be working with a population I really enjoy. It was kind of them to think of me. I know I could do the work and be happy at it. The pay is also decent although it is a part time job with no benefits as is so often true of community college work. So far it is only funded for this semester with a possibility of a supplemental budget item in the future. No situation is ever perfect, is it? And there is the already paid for cruise at the end of April. I went so far as to look into changing the dates since it would be right before exam time--a necessarily busy time for the tutoring. Change does not look possible. Considering all of this is giving me a headache.

No comments: