Friday, October 10, 2008

More Synthetic Stuff

I have had a gradual med change over the past year or so. Other changes have ensued. So I wonder what is correlation; what is cause and effect? What might only be coincidence? There are no definitive answers, and I am not consumed by the questions. They just cross through my range of thought occasionally.
Now I have had two doses of the synvisc--the medication that does not actually cushion the bones in my knee joints but somehow magically encourages my body to do that work. That is, if it works which is only about a 50-50 possibility. I think my knees feel a little better. Maybe that is a placebo effect. Again, there are more questions than answers, a current theme in my life. On the other hand, I may just enjoy the needles in the knees experience and want to encourage that behavior among medical professionals I encounter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was reading about your experience with Synvisc. I know there are several such products but have you or doctor heard of euflexxa. It is the closest viscosupplement product to a healthy knee and is NOt avian derived as Synvisc.