Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tuesday's Class




Tonight's class sucked. Maybe there is a more polite word but I doubt it would be as accurate. As a teacher, I need to take ownership of the classes I teach and that has not happened this quarter, at least not on Tuesday evenings. Not wanting to embarrass anyone involved (except myself), I will leave the description vague: I did little; some students likewise did little; a couple of students tried but fell short of expectations; some students did too much and respected too little; some students performed well in spite of the rest of us. All in all, it was mediocre but only in the sense of averages. Sometimes I think I do better as a student. It is a freer role.
Late night television, on the other hand, has cheered me on to throw myself back into life full throttle. Botox and a stomach band should do the trick. I am particularly drawn to the diagram of a stomach with the constricting band at the top. And it's adjustable, in case I were to lose height, I'm guessing.


1 comment:

Burton Chapman said...

First problem: summertime, school is out, don't teach classes in June. No one wants to be there. They should be at parks, pools, baseball games etc. I better follow my own advice because if I ever have to get a job like the rest of the world that doesn't have summers off and spring break, two weeks at Christmas, etc. I will be serious trouble. Hang in there. I'm in the same boat, I still look forward to each Friday in the school year much more than I wish I did.