Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Some More on Christmas P.M.

With children letting dogs out of cages, fighting over the one oversized Nerf gun, and running in and out of the 20 degree weather with no attention to door closing, Bevin, my 27 year old daughter, who is childless and usually willing to ignore others' children, stood up at the table where she had been seated and asked, " Should I be in charge of applying corporal punishment?" It was so appropriate. Many of the adults in the room had been wishing they could smack one or more of the over stimulated monsters, all except the parents of course. And my 24 year old daughter Colleen, also unmarried and childless, proceeded to drink at least 6 glasses of wine. Her debriefing about the whole situation when we got back to my house was pretty succinct as well. And the gift exchange for the adults was basically reach in the box and pick something. I have to admit we just gave out Bread Company gift cards. Maybe we should rethink the whole concept and go bowling.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

Ok, I'm so glad I don't go. Perhaps next year you guys could go see a movie like we used to in TX.