Monday, December 7, 2009

I have taken a vacation of sorts from the blog. After this 2nd knee replacement (the 1st was back in July) I have avoided the computer. Its location on the 2nd floor makes it difficult to just casually use when it is so hard to maneuver the steps. I also was feeling a nagging antipathy toward all things technological. I have joined Facebook, have an email account, and I occasionally blog, all of which sound like good ideas. However, Facebook has come with invitations to Mafia Wars and requests for Farmville while the email account includes some newsletters I should probably drop. They tend to aggravate more than inform. At the same time, the blogging began to feel like an obligation. None of that sounds like fun, does it? On the other hand, I suffer from chronic depression and the pain after surgery certainly did not help. Writing would be a possible relief. Anyone out there who has experienced clinical depression knows that opportunities for relief are not necessarily the choices a depressed person makes.
So here I am after being away for awhile. The currently prescribed antidepressant, Pristiq, seems effective as a leveling agent and we are into the cold of winter, something I enjoy. The house has grown messy during my recovery from surgery, so I am plunging into long overdue vacuuming today--things like baseboards. That should cheer me. Maybe after a few hours of housework, technology and computing will look oh-so-much better.

2 comments:

Bridgett said...

Pristiq sounds like a perfume you'd buy at walgreens.

CherylB said...

Actually, it is. I use it as a nose spray and the buzz is very satisfying.