Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Europe

Green is supposed to be soothing, isn't it? I could use some of that. Has anyone ever considered the categorization of European travelers by their relating of sites visited? I have encountered the following three groups so far: the tourists who tick off the familiar cities, regions, and sites already seen or on the agenda for an upcoming tour (either guided or semi-self-propelled), the visitors who may comment on food and currency exchange as they list the castles and shoppes they have haunted, and the travelers who mention sometimes obscure towns with opera performances or history rich ruins or childhood homes where someday-to-be-famous writers met their muses. I want to belong to that last club and travel for a year or more like some of my peers said they might back in our college days. I would be content to limit my wandering to a country or two. A year in the British Isles, hmmm. Could I pull it off?

No comments: