Monday, December 31, 2018

Winning Tickets

Recently the Power Ball ballooned over $200 million.  Someone pointed out to me that I could not win anything if I did not buy a ticket.  That's the kind of off hand advice that I tend to file under "Obvious-Man."  It came back to mind, however, when I was considering how many people I know who have given up outward signs of religion like attending church.  I still go to church which does not make me any better than people who do not.  I know that, but I wonder about their missing something by not being there.  There is the big draw, the Eucharist for us Catholics.  That is the Power Ball.  But there are the small graces like being part of a community, knowing I have this other source of support, the hitting of just a couple numbers but winning nonetheless.  

No comments: