Friday, August 14, 2009

Six Weeks

It is already mid-August. How did that happen? Actually, time stood almost still for much of July for me. I had my right knee replaced on the first of July and it has been a rocky road since. I suffer from chronic depression and I am very driven to be the best student (or patient, in this case). That combination made me do everything the doctor and the physical therapist wanted me to do. The trouble is that I do not have any frame of reference. How healed should I be at 6 weeks post-op? The PT said I was doing very well and the doctor says the same when I see him, but are they just humoring me? The suspicion is counterproductive. I might as well bask in their praise and continue my efforts.
I am not working this fall. It will be the first semester since our move in March of 2000 that I will not be teaching or at least tutoring for over 20 hours a week. This should be another interesting journey.

No comments: