Wednesday, February 11, 2009

3rd Rock

So I was watching Third Rock From the Sun. Yeh, I admit I watch way too much late night, rerun TV. Anyway, as an alien, Dick (John Lithgow) is able to spout such pearls of wisdom. What freedom with a character. And Jane Curtain's character is such a perfect foil. She was angry at Dick for his having been honest at a meeting he attended in her stead. So she says, "Since you value honesty, I'll be brutally frank." He replies, "All right. I'll be Genuine Dick." I need to watch that show more often.

2 comments:

Bridgett said...

We get it on netflix sometimes--and the titles of the episodes are all puns on the word dick: Secret Dick, Private Dick, Genuine Dick...

Gin and Tonic said...

I find myself watching it on late night TV, too. It was a good show.