Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Too Bad

I am sorry that Fred Thompson has decided to bow out of the race. He was the one person who came close to my own beliefs. I had to be careful not to confuse his Law and Order persona with his political one, but I think I had it pretty straight. The media did not give him a very fair hearing. They did not seem to understand the more-than-sound-bite sentences he would use to explain himself. I guess no one told him about considering audience. Grade school children can only tolerate sentences of a certain length. Maybe the audiences created by media have the same limitations. So sad. There was a bit of Willie Stark (Talos) about Thompson in this race, the good, sincere part when Willie started out, before he began compromising himself. Now I can only guess if Thompson could have remained corruption free.

No comments: