Monday, August 13, 2007

A Visit

My son Ian visited St. Louis last week with his family. I have not posted in two weeks due to prep followed by visit followed by recovery. Aren't house guests an interesting phenomenon? (Now, there's a mix of singular and plural, just like the issues suggested.) Actually the best encounter we have all had since Ian's sojourn to college over ten years ago, the interaction is currently replaying in my mind and the critique is under construction. I know I held up well, and my husband managed to maintain through heat and three active granddaughters aged six and younger. Bevin was here some of the time and Colleen came into town for a few of the days. When Terry and I drove her back to Columbia, MO, we got to see her new and rather cute apartment. A couple's first meager home can be so much fun, as it plainly is for them. She is such an optimist and that makes her optimism often be the truth of the situation.
One moment of touristy, family activity orchestrated by Bridgett, or a vignette taken from Grandma, Uncle Joe and Aunt Jackie's joining the rest of us for barbecue on Friday, reflects more than can be taken in at once. Something like peering at that drop of "clean" water under a microscope, it takes awhile to discover all that exists within the microcosm of the larger world.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

i am reading.

I think it went fabulously well. I didn't have to walk out of anything.